Sunday, January 30, 2011

Illuminated Box...



My assignment was to make a five sided corrugated box with one side open for viewing. The interior of the box is white and the overall dimensions are 12"x12"x18". I left one of the 12"x12' side open for viewing.

I made several openings into the box to accommodate a remote light source which divides the interior planes into four spaces. I experimented with linear, round, and floral shaped openings to achieve four distinct spaces via the remote light source. I finally settled on three linear cuts on the top plane of the box to successfully achieve my objective of four spaces. My four spaces are the dark spaces separated by the three light spaces. I also used bamboo skewers to delineate my interior planes further and enhance my four spaces.



No comments:

Post a Comment