Monday, January 17, 2011

My design view

My Header




At the beginning of the semester, we were asked to design a header for our blog post which represented who we are as student designers. I pondered and came up with several ideas and yet could still not decide which direction to take.
I had many ideas and I was not sure how to visually communicate them since it was my first semester in the IARC program. I still was not sure about expectations. Our header had to be 2.5 x 8 inches and I originally came up with an idea which had a beige background and some old fashioned fonts. Every time I looked at the header, I did not like it nor did I feel like it represented who I was as a student designer.
I decided to wait a few weeks and see what I would learn in my Interior Architecture program. Once I felt that my R-mode was in session, I would give it another try with the design of my header.
I ended up coming up with an gradient gray header with many circles on the inside. To me, the gray scale is the quintessential representation of art and design students. The circles on the inside, represented my floating ideas about design, out in the cosmos, without rhyme or reason, they simply are there waiting to be trained and properly utilized.

No comments:

Post a Comment