Friday, March 4, 2011

Eradicating Hunger Day...

Dining Space

Plan Oblique/Plan View




For our mid-term project, we designed a dining space to host a biannual event around the world to eradicate hunger. The paremeters of the project was to design a dining space, dining table, and a sideboard. I used a carpet as an inspiration and placed my dining space in SE Florida. I used many windows to keep my space open and bring in natural light. The biannual event took place during the summer and winter solstices and hence, light was an important consideration in the design of my space.

To control the light during the summer solstice, I used natural wood blind, glass block and for the winter solstice, the open space concept would allow light to come in during the darker winter solstice.

In addition, we had to provide a venue for social networking to be part of the dining experience. I created a projection screen in order to allow my diners to interact with other diners around the world via skying.

No comments:

Post a Comment